Dehumidifier or Carpet Dryer

Survey Systems Survey Systems

Dehumidifier or Carpet Dryer

Hi, I've got a bit of a dilemma, i've had a flood in my house and its completely soaked the carpet on the ground floor, luckily its clean water so I can dry it out, it has also made some of the furniture and skirting boards a bit wet too.

Will a carpet dryer or a dehumidifier dry everything or do I realistically need to hire one of each?

Mammoth Hire Mammoth Hire

Re: Dehumidifier or Carpet Dryer

Hi Survey Systems,

I'm sorry to hear of your dilemma but yes we can help with flood issues.

Can you tell me the the rough dimensions of the area you need to dry out so I can advise what and how many products you will need?

Thanks

Mammoth Hire Team
Mammoth Hire Mammoth Hire

Re: Dehumidifier or Carpet Dryer

Hi Survey Systems,

Basically, it depends really on if you have excessive water in the property still?
You may require a Wet Vac to suck up the excess water first.

It would then depend on the size of the room and how quickly you need to dry the room out.
You would be best to use a dehumidifier and also a carpet dryer at the same time. However if you are working with limited funds for the job you can just take the dehumidifier which will draw the moisture from the plaster, woodwork and the carpets but this will take a longer period of time.

I hope this helps with your enquiry.

Kind Regards

Mammoth Hire
Survey Systems Survey Systems

Re: Dehumidifier or Carpet Dryer

Its 2 rooms really

One is around 15ft x 14ft and the other 12ft x 10ft
Survey Systems Survey Systems

Re: Dehumidifier or Carpet Dryer

I don't think I need a wet vac, but i'll see how I get on with a dehumidifier for a day or two and let you know

Thanks for the advice

Cheers