Infa red heater

Steven Beech Steven Beech

Infa red heater

Hello,

We have just just receieved a newsletter about the infa red heater and we are quite interested in it really but need to know a couple of things.

How does it work? what happens if you look at it? can you be burnt by it if you get close?

It says " Please order a heater transformer must be used if 110v unit is ordered or a RCD Power breaker if a 240v unit is ordered. " so i need an extra item to make it work or is this included in the cost - if not, how much are they for 240v

Thanks
Mr Beech
TSC Storage
Mammoth Hire Mammoth Hire

Re: Infa red heater

Hi Steven,

Good questions on the Infra-Red Office Heater.

I will explain each of them below:

How does it work?
This equipment works by plugging the equipment in at the mains.

What happens if you look at it?
Not much! Although we wouldn't advise you sit and look directly at it for any long period of time.

Can you be burnt by it if you get close?
The closer you are the hotter it will be. If you are worried about injury (i.e. if Children are around) we can supply a Retail Heater with a guard on if you need to stop people from touching the heated area.

With regards to RCD:
We can supply a 110v or a 240v machine, with which ever you order we will supply an RCD Lead or a Transformer if required free of charge

I hope this helps!

Mammoth Hire
Steven Beech Steven Beech

Re: Infa red heater

Hello,

Thanks for that, just a last one as its been a while and other people work out volumes needed: how do i figure out how many of these heaters i need for a 12meter by 7meter office?

Thanks
Mammoth Hire Mammoth Hire

Re: Infa red heater

Hi Steven,

No problem, can you tell me the height of the area you need to cover as that is part of the calculation?

Thanks

Mammoth Hire
Steven Beech Steven Beech

Re: Infa red heater

Hello,

Opps i thought afterwards you may need that Ha Ha.

Room ceiling is about 3meters high, the office building used to be an old farm house hence the high ceilings and the warehouse's are round the back in a converted barns.

thanks for the speedy reply
Steven

Mammoth Hire Mammoth Hire

Re: Infa red heater

Hi Steven

This is how it's done:
Measure the height of your object.
Measure the length.
Measure the width.
Multiply the three measurements.
The answer is given in cubic meters.

So for your room size it would be 12m x 7m x 3m = 252 m3

This means you would need 5 of these Infra-Red Heaters to give total coverage.

On this basis you may wish to look at some other products

Thanks

Mammoth Hire
Steven Beech Steven Beech

Re: Infa red heater

Hello,

Ok, do you think this would be any good? http://www.mammoth-hire.co.uk/Catalytic-Cabinet-Heater-160030/ as it doesn't list how much space it can heat.

Thanks
Steve
Mammoth Hire Mammoth Hire

Re: Infa red heater

Hi Steven,

This unit would heat around 35 - 40 cubic metres.

Thanks

Mammoth Hire
Steven Beech Steven Beech

Re: Infa red heater

Cheers for all the help back then. we hired a heater to get us through the cold week and everyone is really thankfull.
got you on speedial ready for the next cold spell!